The Procurement Specialist is responsible for analyzing, planning, and managing the procurement of Raw Materials and MRO items to ensure appropriate inventory levels to satisfy demand for both quality and quantity within a Medical Device manufacturing organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Sage X3 MRP/ERP system to coordinate and support all purchasing activities to include sourcing, negotiating, and purchasing of products and supplies including developing and maintaining close relationships with the supply base.
- Responsible for the purchasing of all Raw Materials and MRO items required for production to ensure that stock levels are maintained to enable on time deliveries.
- Serve as the primary contact and negotiator with Raw Material and MRO suppliers
- Assist with maintaining Supplier database, contacts, contracts, drawings, etc.
- Assist with maintaining Item Master profiles; ROP, EOQ, Lead Times, etc.
- Analyze changes in materials and supplies to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine appropriate actions that impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
- Interact with team members; accounting, materials, manufacturing, and engineering to coordinate procurement activity.
- Generate and interpret various reports related to purchasing.
- Assist with maintaining accurate perpetual inventory counts.
- Support the standard cost system for inventory and support senior team with accurate cost information.
- Coordinate delivery dates and scheduling of freight and/or expediting of materials.
- Carefully monitor supplier quality and on time performance and generate action plans to rectify any supplier performance shortfalls
- Assist in resolving supplier shipment discrepancies, including price variances
- Contribute to new product development and introduction by working with Engineering to research, source, and acquire necessary raw materials.
- Provide support for special projects within the department by completing special assignments, performing data analysis, and providing historical and future material movements utilizing the Sage X3 MRP/ERP system.
- Other duties as assigned
LOCATION: Theragenics, Buford, GA
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
SUPERVISES: No Direct Reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment in a similar position such as planning or materials management, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 3 to 5 years related purchasing/procurement experience – preferably in a medical device manufacturing environment
- Experience with Sage X3 Inventory Software system or equivalent MRP/ERP system
- Experience working with overseas suppliers, highly desirable
- Proven history utilizing MRP/ERP systems
- Strong analytical, decision-making, problem solving and negotiation skills, required.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand detail technical documents, such as prints and product specifications.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Effective, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse workforce, (ethnicity, language and education levels) and with employees in all levels of responsibility.
- Dedication to producing quality work and completing tasks within specified time frames.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask including a strong results orientation.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions in an office and warehouse environment; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
This position has access to or may be exposed to confidential and propriety Company information. Therefore, a high level of confidentially must be always maintained with any Company information.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; the position description is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities of skills required for the position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this position at any time.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential position duty and responsibility. All position requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.